The Blindfold is a Hardmode accessory that has a 1% / 2% (1/100 / 1/50) chance to drop from Corrupt Slimes, Slimelings, Shadow Slimes (), Crimslimes (), Dark Mummies, and Blood Mummies. This item grants immunity for the equipped player to the Darkness debuff; however, it will not protect the player from Blackout or Obstructed, nor cancel out the positive effects of Shine or Night Owl.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite inflicting Darkness, neither Black Slimes nor Demons can drop a Blindfold.
- Blackout and Obstructed, both essentially stronger versions of the Darkness debuff, will not be prevented by the Blindfold.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Blindfold is the only accessory used in the Ankh Charm crafting recipe that is not itself involved in or crafted by any other recipe.
- The Blindfold is the only Ankh Charm material that is visible when equipped.
- A real-life blindfold usually disables the wearer's sight instead of preventing sight-deteriorating effects.
- However it is know for fictional characters to wear blindfolds to reduce their dependency on vision, and thereby heighten their other senses.
- In terraria the character may be using the blindfold to "see without their eyes," which would negate any visual impairment.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Crimslimes now drop Blindfolds.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Equipped sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.