|AI Type||Fighter AI (ground)|
Spider AI (on wall)
|Banner||Blood Crawler Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 239 (ground), 240 (on wall)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blood Crawlers spawn six times more often on tiles that are in front of background walls, hence they are more likely to be encountered in the chasms of the Crimson than on the surface.
- Like all spiders, Blood Crawlers cannot travel through a vertical 2-tile wide shaft.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Blood Crawlers differ significantly from real-life spiders:
- They are able to drop Vertebrae, despite real spiders being invertebrates.
- They seem to have two eyes, but real spiders have eight eyes.
- On the Official Terraria Forums artwork seen below, however, they appear to have two large eyes (seen on the in-game sprite) and six small ones, which complete the eight eyes.
- Like the Face Monster, it lacks a direct Corruption variant.
- The Bestiary entry for the Blood Crawler: "Most spiders operate independently, but ones touched by the Crimson hive coordinate together to consume life."
- Despite this statement, such a particularly coordinated behavior is not present in the AI of Blood Crawlers, in comparison to that of the other spiders.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.