|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
- Bloody Machete
The Bloody Machete is a rare and unique boomerang-type weapon that can drop only during the Halloween seasonal event. When thrown, as it falls downward after reaching a maximum range, and returns to the thrower upon impacting a block or enemy. Its physics are similar to the Magic Dagger, but it must return to the player before being thrown again. It inflicts melee damage, rather than magic or ranged damage.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
The Bloody Machete has a 1/2000 (0.05%) chance of being dropped by any weak enemy during the Halloween seasonal event. Weak enemies are enemies with less than 20 defense, 40 damage and up to 5 of loot. These will be mostly pre hardmode enemies. When playing in expert mode all enemies are much stronger and therefore these conditions limit the amount of enemies that can drop the Bloody Machete and Bladed Glove to just a couple, especially during hardmode. See the table below for clarification.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Melee-boosting modifiers, accessories, and armor bonuses will benefit it.
- At the correct angle, its maximum horizontal range is 46 feet, or 23 tiles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To farm this item, it is recommended to be in a Blood Moon with a Water Candle while using any kind of minions. Build a box and get in. Spawn your minion of choice outside the box. They will kill any enemies coming close and eventually one will drop the item. This might take some time, and if the Blood Moon is completed without the item in your inventory, you have to wait for another Blood Moon.
- If you have a standard wooden platform arena, a Bee Gun and a Water Candle, place the candle on a wooden platform, and use the Bee Gun as much as possible during a Blood Moon with the Hive Pack. This will increase the chance for any drops.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the iconic weapon of Jason Voorhees, the hockey-mask-wearing serial killer from the American horror film series Friday the 13th. However, Jason mostly uses it in melee combat, whereas in Terraria, the machete is thrown.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed an oversight in Halloween drop rates based on HP that caused Bladed Glove and Bloody Machete to be too rare in Expert
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop from weak enemies with up to 5 loot.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now be reforged.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.