|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons the Blood Moon|
'What a horrible night to have a curse.'
- Internal Item ID: 4271
The Bloody Tear is a consumable item used to summon a Blood Moon. It can only be used at night; attempting to use it during the day will not commence the Blood Moon and will not consume the item. Likewise, the Bloody Tear cannot be used during a Blood Moon.
It is dropped with a
0.5*1/200 (0.5%) chance by the Wandering Eye Fish, Zombie Merman, Blood Zombie, Drippler, Clown, Blood Eel, and Hemogoblin Shark, and with a 11.11*1/9 (11.11%) chance by The Groom, The Bride, and Dreadnautilus.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the player wants a Slap Hand, they can hold on to a Bloody Tear until they find a Skeleton Merchant. They then can use the Bloody Tear, allowing the Skeleton Merchant to sell a Slap Hand.
- Since a Blood Moon cannot happen at the same time as a New Moon, using the Bloody Tear on a New Moon will cause it to change into a Waxing Crescent. This can be useful for acquiring Phase-dependent content faster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tooltip is a reference to Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, in which the game would show the same text whenever it became night. The name of the item comes from a track in Castlevania II known as "Bloody Tears".
- Bloody Tears will only drop if it is night and during a Blood Moon. Thus, any Blood Moon enemies killed after the Blood Moon ends will not drop a Bloody Tear. Also, statue-spawned enemies do not drop Bloody Tears.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.