|Use time||25 (Fast) / 45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Allows the collection of seeds for ammo|
- Internal Item ID: 281
The Blowpipe is a ranged weapon that auto-fires Seeds and Darts as ammunition. When a Blowpipe is in a player's inventory, there is a chance that any vegetation growing on normal grass blocks will yield some Seeds. Flowers growing in Clay Pots and Planter Boxes can also yield Seeds. Both wild and cultivated flowers typically drop 4 Seeds at a time; tall grass typically drops 1–2 Seeds.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Seeds used by the Blowpipe cannot be planted. Conversely, seeds that can be planted cannot be used as ammo for the Blowpipe.
- It cannot be obtained from Wooden Crates, despite the fact that many other rare items found in Wooden Chests can.
- When the Blowpipe is in the player's inventory, grass will drop Seeds if hit by a Fallen Star.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Blowpipe is an efficient earlygame weapon for eliminating distant foes, with significantly higher range than the Wooden Boomerang. One advantage it has over bows is that its ammunition can be obtained for free.
- In Hardmode, the Blowpipe and Blowgun are among the first weapons that can inflict the Ichor debuff since Ichor Darts can be crafted by hand. This allows them to be viable support weapons for inflicting Ichor against bosses, and the base damage of Ichor Darts is high enough to make the Blowpipe and Blowgun competent weapons in their own right. While the Blowgun is stronger overall, the Blowpipe fires faster and can be obtained without a Witch Doctor.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Use time decreased from 45 to 25.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Now listed as ranged.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced, listed as ranged.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, listed as ranged.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Now listed as ranged.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, listed as ranged.