The Blue Jay is a flying Critter. They have only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by enemies and the player, which almost always results in their instant death. It is, along with the Cardinal, a variant of the Bird.
The Blue Jay resembles the normal bat in size. They are found on ground level and are as common as a Bunny. They often spawn in the morning, and along with the other bird variants, sings when nearby. Much like the Vulture, it remains still until approached, whereupon it will fly away.
The Blue Jay can be caught using the Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into a Blue Jay Cage to be placed as an animated furniture item. It cannot be released once crafted.
The Blue Jay Cage occupies a 6x3 space, and the blue jay inside may follow one of the following patterns:
- Fly from one side to the other of the cage.
- Stop at the center and peck the ground for a while.
- Close its eyes and sleep on the right side.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Bird Statues.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.