- This article is about the Bait item. For the enemy, see Jellyfish.
Jellyfish are Bait items that can be caught rarely via Fishing. Each has a Bait Power of 20%. Chance to catch a Jellyfish bait item is 1:500 with 50% Fishing power, and 1:250 with 100% Fishing Power.
- The Blue Jellyfish bait item is caught by Fishing in Underground or Cavern water bodies.
- The Green Jellyfish bait item is caught under the same conditions as Blue Jellyfish, but requires Hardmode. Once Hardmode is activated, there is a 1/2 (50%) chance that a Jellyfish bait item caught in the Underground or below will be Green (likewise for Blue).
- The Pink Jellyfish bait item is caught by Fishing in an Ocean biome.
Unlike Critter bait items, Jellyfish bait items are not caught using the Bug Net. Jellyfish bait items are separate and unrelated to Jellyfish enemies.
- As Terraria item names are now stored in separate language files, the "name" statistic for items are now merely internal placeholders. The three different Jellyfish share the same statistical listing, with their internal name being "Jellyfish(es)," humorously referencing the odd grammar rule that the word "fish" can already be used as its plural form, without having to add the "es" suffix.