There are currently four different Wrenches: the Red Wrench, Green Wrench, Blue Wrench, and the Yellow Wrench, each placing its respective color of Wire. All Wrenches use the same ordinary Wire item as ammunition, but the color of Wrench used will determine the color of wire when placed. The colors all function identically, but can be placed so as to overlap or intersect each other without interfering with each other. Junction Boxes can further be used to keep intersecting Wire paths of the same color from interfering with each other.
All four wrenches can be combined to make a Multicolor Wrench, a single tool that can place Wire of any color.
Ordinary Wrenches cannot be used to remove placed wires. Instead, a Wire Cutter, or one of its derivatives (Multicolor Wrench , Grand Design ) is required. All Wire colors become the same ordinary Wire item again when freed.
Types[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Wrench can not be placed on a Weapon Rack.
- Having different color wrenches for each player on multiplayer can be useful, as each player will get their own wire color.
- Having a wrench or other wire-vision item can be very useful when exploring, as it will make hidden traps much easier to see.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Reach greatly increased.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Reach increased.
- Desktop 1.2: Different colored wrenches for different colored wires introduced.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
|Tools||Wire • Wrenches • Wire Cutter • Multicolor Wrench • The Grand Design • Actuation Rod|
|Accessories||Mechanical Lens • Presserator|
|Triggers||Lever • Switch • Pressure Plates • Timers • Detonators • Trapped Chests • Gem Locks|
|Devices||Active/Inactive Stone Block • Actuator • Announcement Box • Pumps • Teleporter • Functional Statues • Light sources • Gemspark Blocks|
|Traps||Dart • Super Dart • Spear • Spiky Ball • Flame • Explosives • Geyser|