|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that will destroy most tiles|
|Max stack||99 / 100|
Bombs are explosives which can be purchased from the Demolitionist and Skeleton Merchant for 3 each or obtained from Pots, Chests, Slimes, killing an Undead Miner, or by powering Bomb Statues. They can be used as a mining tool or a weapon, although generally the former. When used, it is thrown a few blocks away from the player and rolls if the terrain allows it. After 3 seconds, it will explode, inflicting 100 points of damage to nearby enemies and destroying multiple blocks around it. The player can also inflict harm to themselves if not careful.
Bombs can destroy almost any block, with some exceptions, which can then be collected. They can also be thrown through one block thick walls, like some other tossables. Additionally, Bombs also work underwater.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Tutorial , there is a Chest containing a bomb with Large modifier. This is the only way to legitimately obtain a modified bomb.
- However, because bombs aren't melee weapons, the modifier "Large" has only aesthetical effect on them.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Stack size reduced from 100 to 99.
- Added Bouncy Bomb.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Price decreased from 5 to 3.
- Stack limit raised from 50 to 100.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Stack limit raised from 20 to 50.
- Now can destroy anything that Dynamite can, including some blocks it couldn't before, like Spikes, Ebonstone and Obsidian.
- After the Wall of Flesh has been defeated, it can also destroy Hellstone
- Sticky Bomb variant can now be crafted using 1 Gel and 1 Bomb instead of 5 Gel.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.