Bones are thrown consumable Weapons that also can be used as crafting materials. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls, which spawn in the Dungeon. On the Mobile and , Bones are also dropped by normal versionsSkeletons.
Bones can also be used in crafting things like Necro armor and Pianos. When used as weapons, Bones have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit Enemies. They are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of these three consumable throwing weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest).
Bones can be placed as Blocks using the Bone Wand, upon which they become Bone Blocks. The Bone Glove, an Expert mode-exclusive weapon, uses Bones as ammunition.
Desktop, Console, and Mobile Versions[edit | edit source]
- On the Desktop version, the Skeleton Merchant will use Bones to defend himself if needed. However, the bones thrown by him are not retrievable.
- On the Mobile version and , the player can make the versionNecro Armor before entering the Dungeon. Bones also have a 1/2 chance of being doubled after thrown, making this a free source of money and ammo.
- In Expert mode, Skeletons can throw Bones at the Player, making it a far more dangerous enemy.
- It is used as ammo by the Bone Glove, and thus it can be stored in the Ammunition section of the inventory.
- While it may appear that ordinary Bones do more damage than the Bone Glove, the damage from Bones used as ammo is added to the Bone Glove's damage.
- The base damage of bones is 20, making it the second highest damage of an ammo type, only losing to luminite bullets which do 21 damage.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage decreased from 22 to 20.
- Knockback from 4 to 2.3.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Thrown.