|Type||Weapon • Ammunition • Crafting material|
|Damage||20 / 22 Throwing|
|Knockback||2.3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
Got any spare bones for sale? I'm looking to replace my broken hip... again.
Bones are consumable throwing weapons that also can be used as crafting materials. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls, which spawn in the Dungeon. On the Mobile and , Bones are also dropped by normal versionsSkeletons.
Bones can also be used in crafting things like Necro armor and Pianos. When used as weapons, Bones have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit Enemies. They are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of these three consumable throwing weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|(4) ( )|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Desktop version and Console version, the Skeleton Merchant will use Bones to defend himself if needed. However, the bones thrown by him are not retrievable.
- On the Mobile version and , the player can make the versionNecro Armor before entering the Dungeon. Bones also have a 1/2 chance of being doubled after thrown, making this a free source of money and ammo.
- In Expert mode , Skeletons can throw Bones at the Player, making them far more dangerous.
- It is used as ammo by the Bone Glove , and thus it can be stored in the Ammunition section of the inventory.
- While it may appear that ordinary Bones do more damage than the Bone Glove, the damage from Bones used as ammo is added to the Bone Glove's damage.
- Taking only basic ammunition (Arrows and Bullets) into consideration, Bones have the second-highest base damage, beaten only by Luminite Bullets.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Damage decreased from 22 to 20.
- Knockback from 4 to 2.3.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: More Furniture craftable items.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.