Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Use time||24 Fast|
The Bone Javelin is a thrown consumable weapon made using Sturdy Fossils. Upon hitting an enemy, it will stick to the enemy and inflict the Penetrated debuff, dealing 3 damage per second. Up to six Bone Javelins can be pierced onto an enemy, dealing a total of 18 damage a second. Bone Javelins stuck in an enemy will dissipate after 15 seconds. Thrown Bone Javelins can sometimes be recovered if they strike a surface after the 15 second timer or if an enemy dies while the Bone Javelin is still stuck in them.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Bone Javelin is a powerful pre-Hardmode weapon with its high base damage of 29 and long sticking effect. Combined with Fossil Armor, this weapon could easily two-shot most pre-Hardmode enemies and is still viable in early-Hardmode. However it lacks the piercing ability of the Bone Throwing Knife, making it most effective against single enemies.
- Even though the base damage can be amplified with Armors, accessories, and Buffs, the continuous damage of one Bone Javelin will still be 3 damage per second.
- You can never retrieve Javelins when you have the set bonus of the Fossil armor or Ninja armor.
- Bone Javelins act similar to a Daybreak which both stick to an enemy and inflict a stacking damage debuff.
- While not being a melee weapon, it is affected by Flasks as well as the Magma Stone.
- When using the Flask of Fire the duration of the first hit's Penetrated debuff is increased.
- Skeletron is immune to the Penetrated debuff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Penetrated debuff can never be applied to players, so it lacks a correct debuff icon. It instead uses a duplicate of the Distorted debuff's icon.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()