Book of Skulls
|Damage||29 / 28 (Magic)|
|Mana||18 / 22|
|Use time||26 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a skull|
|Sell||150 / 1|
The Book of Skulls is a magic weapon that fires slow flaming skull projectiles. Each skull can pierce twice, dissipating on its third enemy impact. The skulls do not ricochet, and disappear upon colliding with objects. They also emit a fair amount of light. The Book of Skulls has a
10.5*36/343 (10.5%) / 33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to drop from Skeletron.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Briefly after being fired, the skulls will partially turn towards the closest player (including the caster), regardless of the presence of enemies and whether or not PvP is enabled. They will not turn if the nearest player is directly behind them. They also turn around if the caster presses any movement keys.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its high damage and piercing ability, the Book of Skulls remains a viable weapon through early Hardmode.
- The skulls' decent knockback and slow speed means that certain enemies can be "juggled" by a skull, meaning that they can be hit, knocked back, and then hit again by the same skull multiple times before the skull moves out of range. This mechanic can be used well while in the Dungeon due to the close quarters.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Skulls now home towards enemies instead of briefly towards players.
- Sell price increased from 1 to 150.
- Internal projectile ID changed from 270 to 837.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage increased from 28 to 29.
- Mana cost decreased from 22 to 18.
- Velocity decreased from 4 to 3.5.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage decreased from 35 to 28.
- Mana cost increased from 12 to 22.
- Knockback decreased from 6 to 3.5.
- Use time increased from 25 to 26.
- Pierce decreased from 3 to 2 (now dissipates on third hit).
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now be reforged.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.