Boomerangs are weapons that come back to the player after being thrown. Uniquely, although they have a much longer range than more conventional melee weapons their damage is listed as melee (likely because they're physically thrown and use no ammo). This makes them of interest for characters specializing in melee combat, especially later on. This also means that attacks by boomerangs are affected by imbuing flasks made with the Imbuing Station. Only one boomerang can be thrown at a time, unless stated otherwise.
Types[edit | edit source]
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
|8 / 7||5||6.5||Fast||15||10|
|16 / 14||8.5||11.5||Very Fast||14||1|
|55||6.5||14||Very Fast||14||1 50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Increasing melee speed with accessories and/or armor will increase both the range and flight speed of boomerangs.
- Boomerangs have infinite piercing ability when returning, and can return through blocks.
- Boomerangs can only have universal prefixes, because they can't have their speed modified. The best universal Modifier is Godly.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Flying Knife added.
- Desktop 1.2: Bananarang, Ice Boomerang, Paladin's Hammer and Possessed Hatchet added.
- Desktop 1.1: Boomerang class weapons are now listed as melee rather than ranged.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Boomerangs now reset correctly when you use your Magic Mirror while they are still flying.