Boomerangs are weapons that come back to the player after being thrown. Uniquely, although they have a much longer range than more conventional melee weapons their damage is listed as melee (likely because they're physically thrown and use no ammo). This makes them of interest for characters specializing in melee combat, especially later on. This also means that attacks by boomerangs are affected by imbuing flasks made with the Imbuing Station. Only one boomerang can be thrown at a time, unless stated otherwise.
Types[edit | edit source]
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
|Wooden Boomerang||8 / 7||5||6.5||Fast||15||10|
|Enchanted Boomerang||13||8||10||Very Fast||14||1|
|Fruitcake Chakram||14||8||11||Very Fast||14||1|
|Bloody Machete||15||5||15||Very Fast||14||1||
|Ice Boomerang||16 / 14||8.5||11.5||Very Fast||14||1|
|Thorn Chakram||25||8||11||Very Fast||14||1||
|Flying Knife||40||4.5||17||Very Fast||14||8||
|Bananarang||55||6.5||14||Very Fast||14||1 50||
|Light Disc||57||8||13||Very Fast||14||10||
|Possessed Hatchet||80||5||12||Very Fast||13||10||
|Paladin's Hammer||90||9||14||Very Fast||14||10||
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Increasing melee speed with accessories and/or armor will increase both the range and flight speed of boomerangs.
- Boomerangs have infinite piercing ability when returning, and can return through blocks.
- Boomerangs can only have universal prefixes, because they can't have their speed modified. The best universal Modifier is Godly.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Flying Knife added.
- 1.2: Bananarang, Ice Boomerang, Paladin's Hammer and Possessed Hatchet added.
- 1.1: Boomerang class weapons are now listed as melee rather than ranged.
| Boomerangs |
|Wooden • Enchanted • Ice • Fruitcake Chakram • Bloody Machete • Thorn Chakram • Flamarang Flying Knife • Bananarang • Light Disc • Paladin's Hammer • Possessed Hatchet|