|Damage||14 / 12 Ranged|
|Use time||40 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
- Internal Item ID: 964
The Boomstick is a gun occasionally found in Jungle Crates (16.67% chance), and also in Ivy Chests (22.5% chance) located in Jungle Shrines and at the base of a Living Mahogany Tree in the Underground Jungle. It fires a four-shot spread (three-shot ), but only consumes one bullet per firing. Each shot has a base damage of 14 (12 ), yielding 21 (19 ) damage with Musket Balls and 23 (21 ) damage per shot with Meteor Shot or Silver Bullets. The Boomstick has a Hardmode upgrade, the Shotgun.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the spread of the shots and the slow weapon speed, the Boomstick loses efficiency at long range. It is highly effective at close range, and hitting an enemy with all shots can deal enough damage to easily kill most pre-Hardmode enemies outside of Expert mode . It can also be highly effective against large groups of enemies when used with Meteor Shots.
- It is inadvisable to use this weapon with Meteor Shots or any kind of piercing ammo against single targets. The bullets' piercing damage will cause the target to become invulnerable for a few frames, which means only one bullet will hit.
- It is not very good for fighting multiple tough enemies due to its slow rate of fire.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term "boomstick" is a reference to the 1992 American dark fantasy comedy film Army of Darkness from the Evil Dead horror film franchise, in which the protagonist, Ash, refers to his shotgun as a boomstick. The word has since become a common name for shotguns, particularly short-barreled, or "sawed-off" and "double-barrel" variants, which this appears to be.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.