|Damage||14 / 12 (Ranged)|
|Use time||40 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
- Internal Item ID: 964
The Boomstick is a gun occasionally found in Jungle Crates (16.67% chance), and also in Ivy Chests (22.5% chance) located in Jungle Shrines and at the base of a Living Mahogany Tree in the Underground Jungle. It fires a three- to four-shot spread (only three-shot ), but only consumes one bullet per shot. Each shot has a base damage of 14 (12 ), yielding 21 (19 ) damage with Musket Balls and 22 (21 ) damage per shot with Meteor Shot, Silver Bullets, or Tungsten Bullets.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the spread of the shots and the slow weapon speed, the Boomstick loses efficiency at long range. It is highly effective at close range, and hitting an enemy with all shots can deal enough damage to easily kill most pre-Hardmode enemies outside of Expert Mode.
- Against single targets, it is inadvisable to use this weapon with Meteor Shots or any kind of piercing ammo. The bullets' piercing damage will cause the target to become invulnerable for a few frames, which means only one bullet will hit.
- This weapon has a chance to drop from Jungle Crates found via fishing in the Jungle. By setting up an outpost viable for fishing there, the player can gain a great advantage without need to defeat bosses or venture into deadly biomes.
- This weapon will suffice to protect the player when exploring Evil Biomes in pre-hardmode
- Owning this gun (or any other guns/bullets) will cause the Arms Dealer to move in once proper housing has been made.
- Due to its slow speed, combining the Rapid modifier with piercing bullets, like meteor bullets, can make for a decent crowd control weapon.
- If playing as a gun-focused ranger, this weapon can get you through most of pre-Hardmode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term "boomstick" is a reference to the 1992 American dark fantasy comedy film Army of Darkness from the Evil Dead horror film franchise, in which the protagonist, Ash, refers to his shotgun as a boomstick. The word has since become a common name for shotguns, particularly short-barreled, or "sawed-off" double-barreled shotguns, which this appears to be.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage increased from 12 to 14.
- Knockback increased from 5.5 to 5.75.
- Use time decreased from 42 to 40.
- Velocity increased from 5.25 to 5.35.
- Can now also be found inside Jungle Crates.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.