We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Type||Furniture • Mechanism|
|Placeable||2 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Hammer to change direction|
A Booster Track can be placed as a section of Minecart Track to automatically boost the speed of a Minecart that rides over it. The direction of the boost is indicated by the animated red arrow it displays, which can be toggled using a Hammer or Wire. The Booster Track is purchased from the Mechanic for 50 . Each booster will increase speed by 20mph, regardless of minecart variant.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a Minecart rolls over a Booster Track while traveling in the direction opposite that of the Booster Track's setting, the Booster Track acts as a braking mechanism and slows the Minecart's movement, possibly reversing direction.
- When a Booster Track is not connected to Minecart Tracks on both sides, its direction cannot be changed.
- Three boosters in a row will accelerate to the top speed for the default minecart, at 51mph. Three boosters and a short press of the movement button is sufficient for the Minecart at 66 mph, and five boosters (with one tap of a movement key) for the Mechanical Cart at 102 mph.
- In version 184.108.40.206, Booster Tracks can connect diagonally to each other or to normal tracks; previously only horizontal connections were possible.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed bug where the Minecarts could go ultra-speed using boosters. Booster Tracks and Minecart Track intersections can no longer be triggered as rapidly.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.