Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Placeable||(1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Hammer to change direction|
A Booster Track can be placed as a section of Minecart Track to automatically boost the speed of a Minecart that rides over it. The direction of the boost is indicated by the animated red arrow it displays, which can be toggled using a Hammer or Wire. The Booster Track is purchased from the Mechanic for
Each booster will increase speed by 20mph, regardless of minecart variant.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a Minecart rolls over a Booster Track while traveling in the direction opposite that of the Booster Track's setting, the Booster Track acts as a braking mechanism and slows the Minecart's movement, possibly reversing direction.
- When a Booster Track is not connected to Minecart Tracks on both sides, its direction cannot be changed.
- Three boosters in a row will accelerate to the top speed for the default minecart, at 51mph. Three boosters and a short press of the movement button is sufficient for the Minecart at 66 mph, and five boosters (with one tap of a movement key) for the Mechanical Cart at 102 mph.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed Booster tracks not being able to be connected diagonally.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed bug where the Minecarts could go ultra-speed using boosters. Booster Tracks and Minecart Track intersections can no longer be triggered as rapidly.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.