Boots of Ostara
|Boots of Ostara|
|Tooltip||Fertilizes the soil and allows the wearer to perform a bunny hop|
|Internal Item ID: 1923 / 5057|
|Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
The Boots of Ostara are a drop from the boss Lepus. They provide 3 defense to the player and create grass on dirt when worn. The Boots of Ostara will also enable the wearer to perform "bunny hops" where each successive jump in a series will increase in height until a maximum height of 16 blocks is reached. The Boots also give a green particle effect when jumping.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is a good replacement to the Shiny Red Balloon, as it is fairly easy to get.
- It is very useful when going underground early in the game.
- Its sell price is pretty high if you decide to farm Lepus.
- This is a way to farm Bait when combined with the Flare Gun.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "bunny hops" are similar to Mario's jump patterns in more recent Super Mario Bros games.
- Ostara, or Ēostre, is the pre-Christian name for Easter and the Germanic pagan goddess of spring. Unlike Easter it carries no Christian religious meaning, instead being used as a name for the Spring Equinox and, allegorically, the rebirth of nature.
- Its effect is a reference to the famous bunny-hopping feature of the Quake series.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.1.8: Introduced.