Bottomless Water Bucket
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Contains an endless amount of water|
- Internal Item ID: 3031
The Bottomless Water Bucket is an item that functions similarly to the standard Water Bucket, the only differences being that it never needs filling (and cannot be filled), it can be used an infinite number of times, and it has a slightly extended range. It is one of the possible rewards from the Angler upon completing one of his fishing quests in Hardmode, with about a 1/70 chance of obtaining it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its infinite use ability, the player can easily use this item to create artificial lakes much more quickly for fishing, to turn lava into Obsidian, or to refill the Ocean. Note that any water produced in The Underworld still evaporates as usual.
- If the player has a Flipper or a similar item equipped, the Bottomless Water Bucket can be used to swim upward infinitely by placing water over their head. This is useful for reaching Floating Islands, but it can add a lot of excess water to the surface.
- The same trick works with Water Walking Boots, by placing water under yourself and jumping continuously.
- The Bottomless Water Bucket can be used to trigger Cute Fishron's ability by pouring water over oneself (the water must touch the player, not Cute Fishron), providing a speed buff (up to 82 mph, although once the player exits the water it will be reduced to 66mph, persisting for six seconds) as well as a 15% damage buff.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Super Absorbant Sponge, another Angler reward, which facilitates removal of water, thus being considered the counterpart to the Bottomless Water Bucket.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.