Brain Scrambler (item)
|Type||Mount Summon – Drop|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable Scutlix mount|
|Buff tooltip||Pew Pew|
- This is about the Mount-summoning item. For the enemy of the same name, see Brain Scrambler. For the enemy of the same appearance, see Scutlix.
The Scutlix mount offers increased acceleration and land speed (41 mph top speed), increased jump height (20 tiles/40 feet), and its eyes automatically rapid-fire damaging lasers at enemies. It also reduces fall damage to 1.
Its lasers deal about 100 damage each (both fire each time, and are accurate). Scutlix can only target enemies in its field of vision, which is a roughly 120-degree cone in front of it. It cannot target enemies behind it unless the player manually turns it around to face them, which also occurs when the player attacks in that direction.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Liquid traversal items like the Lava Waders will allow it to walk on liquid surfaces as well.
- Double-Jump items like the Cloud in a Bottle can also be used while riding Scutlix.
- Despite its name, it is not affiliated with the Brain Scrambler enemy, nor dropped by it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Its extreme maneuverability and the fact that it shoots lasers at enemies makes it arguably the best mount on land. However, it cannot fly or double-jump on its own (although good jump height makes up for this).
- The lasers fire very quickly and unlike the Mechanical Cart, shoot any enemies onscreen.
- If you are wearing the Neptune's Shell accessory or any of the accessories crafted from it, you can go underwater and you'll have the ability to swim and breathe indefinitely but still keep the maneuverability and lasers from the Scutlix mount. If using an underwater arena when fighting bosses or events, you can have great mobility and infinite vertical movement without using an accessory slot for wings, balloons, or other movement accessories. This is especially effective since many end-game characters will already be wearing the Celestial Shell accessory.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()