Brain Scrambler (item)
|Type||Mount Summon – Drop|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable Scutlix mount|
|Buff tooltip||Pew Pew|
- This article is about the Mount-summoning item. For the enemy of the same name, see Brain Scrambler. For the enemy of the same appearance, see Scutlix.
The Scutlix mount offers increased acceleration and land speed (41 mph top speed), increased jump height (20 tiles/40 feet), and its eyes automatically rapid-fire damaging lasers at enemies. It also reduces fall damage to 1.
Its lasers deal about 100 damage each (both fire each time, and are accurate). Scutlix can only target enemies in its field of vision, which is a roughly 120-degree cone in front of it. It cannot target enemies behind it unless the player manually turns it around to face them, which also occurs when the player attacks in that direction.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Liquid traversal items like the Lava Waders will allow it to walk on liquid surfaces as well. It will not vanish when you touch a liquid.
- Despite its name, it is not affiliated with the Brain Scrambler enemy, nor dropped by it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Its extreme maneuverability and the fact that it shoots lasers at enemies makes it arguably one of the best mounts on land. However, it cannot fly or double-jump on its own (although the good jump height makes up for this).
- The lasers fire very quickly and have a large detection radius. Hence, at certain smaller screen resolutions, it will shoot at off-screen enemies.
- The Scutlix Mount synergizes well with the Neptune's Shell or any of its upgrades, since the maneuverability and lasers of the Scutlix are kept while underwater. Creating entire arenas this way can free an accessory slot which would be used for movement.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()