The Brain Suckler is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist flying enemy spawned by the Nebula Pillar during the Lunar Events. It latches onto the player's head, dealing large amounts of damage at a steady rate, while also inflicting the Obstructed debuff for the remainder of time it is on the player. The debuff causes the player's screen to darken significantly, except for a small area around the player, similar to the Blackout debuff. It additionally has the effect of Bleeding, preventing all health regeneration.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the player teleports using a Magic Mirror, Ice Mirror, or a Cell Phone while a Brain Suckler is still attached to them, the Brain Suckler will teleport with the player to the player's destination.
- Unlike the Blackout and Darkness debuffs, Obstructed darkens the screen evenly, without factoring in light levels.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Brain Sucklers pay homage to the iconic Headcrab enemy from the Half-Life series, as they attack by latching onto a player's head and disrupting their brain functions. Brain Sucklers are referred to as Nebula Headcrabs sporadically in the game's code, and in their banner prior to a patch, implying their name was changed at some point during development.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Banner renamed from Nebula Headcrab Banner to Brain Suckler Banner.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.