Brand of the Inferno
|Damage||85 / 44 (Melee)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast) /|
|Tooltip||Right click to guard with a shield|
|End of parry|
With any equipped shield (including the Squire's Shield, but not Huntress's Buckler) and holding this sword, right-clicking will cause your character to brace for the next attack (like Sergeant United Shield). When timed correctly, just before taking a hit, the enemy's attack will be parried, dealing some damage to the attacker and granting the Striking Moment buff for the next five seconds. This allows your next melee attack to deal 5x damage. Alternatively, if the shield is held in place, 20 defense is temporarily gained; this lasts until the shield is once again lowered.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The buff tooltip is mathematically incorrect. The code states that your damage is multiplied by 5, which would be a 400% increase. The tooltip, however, claims that your damage is increased by 500% (AKA multiplied by 6).
- The Brand of the Inferno's damage reflection ability can only be used to deflect damage from enemies; fall damage, lava damage, and traps will still harm the player.
- It can however reduce damage from many sources with the 20 defense gained while right-clicking.
- The act of gaining the attack buff and switching to a more powerful weapon like Meowmere has potential for massive damage, especially if somehow timed perfectly with the Psycho Knife's buffs.
- Parrying in Journey Mode with the Godmode power enabled will do nothing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sword is likely a reference to the Brand of Sacrifice from Berserk.
- Brand of the Inferno along with Tizona both (closely) resemble the Fierce Deity Sword from the game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask because of the loop on the blade.
- It could also be a reference to the Tizona, as they have similar blade designs and its translated name firebrand is very similar to the Brand of the Inferno.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Use time decreased from 25 to 20.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Weapon is now slightly larger.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 44 to 85.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 126.96.36.199.