Brand of the Inferno
|Use time||25 Fast|
|Tooltip||Right click to guard with a shield|
|Buff tooltip||500% increased damage for next melee strike|
With any equipped shield (including the Squire's Shield, but not Huntress's Buckler) and holding this sword, right-clicking will cause your character to brace for the next attack. When timed correctly, just before taking a hit, the enemy's attack will be blocked, dealing some damage to the attacker and granting the Striking Moment buff for the next five seconds. This allows your next melee attack to deal 500% more damage. Alternatively, if the shield is held in place, 20 defense is temporarily gained; this lasts until the shield is once again lowered.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Brand of the Inferno's damage reflection ability can only be used to deflect damage from enemies; fall damage, lava damage, and traps will still harm the player.
- It can however reduce damage from many sources with the 20 defense gained while right-clicking.
- The act of gaining the attack buff and switching to a more powerful weapon like Meowmere has potential for massive damage, especially if somehow timed perfectly with the Psycho Knife's buffs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Brand of the Inferno along with Tizona both (closely) resemble the Fierce Deity Sword from the game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask because of the loop on the blade.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.