|Damage||43 / 39 (Melee)|
|Knockback||8 (Very strong)|
|Use time||29 (Average) / |
|Tooltip||Deals more damage to unhurt enemies|
- Internal Item ID: 426
The Breaker Blade is a Hardmode broadsword. It is currently the largest sword in the game, giving it the greatest melee reach of all swords. It has a
12.5*1/8 (12.5%) / 25*1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Wall of Flesh. On Desktop and Mobile, it will also deal double damage to enemies with over 90% health.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Even though this weapon is acquired at the beginning of Hardmode, it is outperformed in damage by the Night's Edge, as well as being considerably slower. As it has no other special traits, inflicts no debuffs, fires no projectiles and even emits no light when swung, the Breaker Blade sees limited use.
- The Breaker Blade fares well as a "first hit" weapon for entering combat, as enemies above 90% health will take double damage.
- In tandem with the Titan Glove or an upgrade of it, the Breaker Blade becomes an effective weapon due to it gaining autoswing and even higher knockback. Its knockback will be boosted to the point where enemies can be juggled in midair; on the other hand, this makes it very difficult to hit a target multiple times without chasing them down.
- Due to the Breaker Blade's massive range and relatively high knockback, it is a good choice for use if the player is being swarmed. This can be relatively common during early Hardmode, and gives the player enough time to properly prepare or run away.
- As knockback is multiplied by 1.4 on a critical hit, having modifiers that increase the player's crit chance makes the weapon extremely capable of knocking back enemies.
- Because of its slow swing, the Breaker Blade can hit the same enemy multiple times in a single swing, somewhat compensating for its slow use time. However, its aforementioned knockback makes it unlikely for this to occur unless the enemy is cornered.
- The Breaker Blade's reach is especially useful for gathering Glowing Mushrooms in compact farms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Breaker Blade is a reference to the 𝙱uster 𝚂word from the game 𝙵inal 𝙵antasy 𝚅𝙸𝙸, wielded by the protagonist 𝙲loud 𝚂trife. The resemblance can be seen in the synonymous naming, the weapon's very large size and wedge shape, and the two red and green spots near the base of the blade which reference 𝙵inal 𝙵antasy 𝚅𝙸𝙸's "𝙼ateria" orbs that can be inserted into weapons.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Now deals double damage to healthy (above 90% HP) enemies.
- Damage increased from 39 to 43.
- Use time decreased from 30 to 29.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Added new changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.