|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||29 Average|
- Internal Item ID: 426
- Not to be confused with The Breaker, the Demonite hammer.
The Breaker Blade is a Hardmode sword. It is currently the largest sword in the game, giving it the greatest melee reach of all swords. It has a 16.6% / 33.3% (1 in 6 / 1 in 3) chance to be dropped by the Wall of Flesh.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because of its slow swing, the Breaker Blade can hit the same enemy multiple times in a single swing, somewhat compensating for its slow use time. However, its relatively high knockback often sends enemies flying out of its range before this can occur.
- Even though this weapon is acquired at the beginning of Hardmode, it is outperformed in damage by the Night's Edge, as well as being considerably slower. As it has no other special traits, inflicts no debuffs, fires no projectiles and even emits no light when swung- the Breaker Blade sees limited use.
- While the Breaker Blade is vastly outperformed by even Pre-Hardmode weapons, it is a good choice for use if the player is being swarmed. This can be relatively common for a first time player just entering Hardmode. This will usually give the player enough time to properly prepare or run away, given the very high knockback.
- The Breaker Blade's reach is especially useful for gathering Glowing Mushrooms in compact farms.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.