- Internal Item ID: 186
The Breathing Reed is an item which aids underwater travel. It can be found in Water Chests.
For the Breathing Reed to take effect, it must be held, i.e. selected in the hotbar or being attached to the cursor. When held, the reed appears above the player and the rate at which their breath meter depletes as well as the rate at which they lose health while drowning is halved. The reed's tip does not need to be above the surface of the water for this to take effect. Additionally, the breath meter refills as soon as the tip of the reed is outside of water, but not within a block.
- Holding the Breathing Reed prolongs the underwater breath to 46.67 seconds or, if paired with diving equipment, to 3 minutes and 6.67 seconds. In addition, the rate at which health is lost while drowning is reduced to 1/2 or 1/8, respectively.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Recovered tooltip.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.4.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.4.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with mechanics from 1.0.4.