Broken Hero Sword
The Broken Hero Sword is a Hardmode crafting material. It is not itself a weapon, and therefore can neither be swung, reforged, nor placed on a Weapon Rack. It can be obtained during the Solar Eclipse event. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Broken Hero Sword has a 25% (43.75%) chance of being dropped by Mothron, which starts to spawn after all three mechanical bosses have been defeated. On the Old-gen console version and , it is instead dropped by versionFrankensteins and Swamp Things, with a 0.4% (1/250) chance.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Given the drop rate, it is not guaranteed to obtain one during a Solar Eclipse. Therefore, it can be a good idea to use Water Candles and/or Battle Potions during a Solar Eclipse to increase the number of opportunities of having one or even multiple Broken Hero Swords dropped.
- As of 18.104.22.168, it is less profitable to craft excess Broken Hero Swords into True Excaliburs. While a non-reforged True Excalibur sells for
100000*10 , its ingredients sell for 123000*12 30 .This makes the True Excalibur -23% ( 23000*2 30 ) less profitable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword, or the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: No longer used directly to craft the Terra Blade. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: No longer used directly to craft the Terra Blade. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.