Broken Hero Sword
The Broken Hero Sword is a Hardmode crafting material. It is not itself a weapon and therefore, cannot be swung, reforged, nor placed on a Weapon Rack. It is dropped by certain Enemies during the Solar Eclipse Event that varies by platform. On the Desktop version and Console versions, the Broken Hero Sword has a 25% (30.94% ) chance of being dropped by Mothron, which starts to spawn after all three Mechanical Bosses have been defeated. On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , it is instead dropped by versionFrankensteins and Swamp Things, with a 0.4% (1/250) chance.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Given the drop rate, it can be a good idea to use Water Candles and/or Battle Potions during a Solar Eclipse, to increase the chances of having multiple Broken Hero Swords dropped.
- As of 18.104.22.168 it is more profitable to craft excess Broken Hero Swords into True Excaliburs, as long as you have a surplus of Hallowed Bars.
- Comparing the sell values of True Excalibur and its components:
- True Excalibur's base value is 10
- 12 Hallowed Bars' value is 4 80
- Broken Hero Sword's value is 2 .
- True Excalibur's base value is 3 20 more than its components.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword, or the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.