Buckets are tools used to carry water, lava, or honey, allowing them to be removed or placed. With an Empty Bucket, pressing the ⚒ Use / Attack button on any sufficient body of liquid collects it, which replaces the Empty Bucket with the respective Water Bucket, Lava Bucket, or Honey Bucket. Pressing the ⚒ Use / Attack button again will deposit the liquid at the point clicked, wherein the filled Bucket is again replaced with an Empty Bucket. Each Bucket holds one tile of liquid.
The Bottomless Water Bucket and Bottomless Lava Bucket act as infinite water and lava placing buckets, whereas the Super Absorbant Sponge and Lava Absorbant Sponge are essentially infinite empty buckets that accept only water or lava, respectively. There are no honey variants for these.
Buckets[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When using buckets on a liquid, the game checks a 3x3 square around that tile for more liquid of the same type. If it finds at least half a tile of liquid in that area, each bucket collects up to a full tile of that liquid. Regardless of if it collected less than a full tile, a bucket is always filled completely and is able to pour out a full tile.
- An empty Bucket can also be placed in the armor's helmet slot, where it provides +1 defense.
- Putting a bucket in the vanity slot, and another bucket in the armor slot will stack the buckets on top of each other:
- Because the bucket has no hue, dyes mostly have an unnoticeable effect on its appearance.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Buckets may be utilised when duplicating liquids. When they are placed in a location that causes the liquid to begin flowing, this separates the liquid tile into multiple portions. This combines with the fact that each bucket collected is always full and will place a whole tile of liquid, even when a half tile portion is removed from the world. In other words, a half bucketful portion can be collected which will still place a whole tile and restart the cycle, while the remaining portion accumulates somewhere else. Overall because of this "rounding up" effect more liquid is now present than before. In practice this can be accomplished by either repeatedly using a full bucket on a single tile to place and remove the liquid, or instead splitting the fluid into two separate half tiles and collecting one of them.
- This is ideally done with one bucket in the inventory, which will switch states immediately as it is used. With a stack of buckets present, the player will have to reselect the appropriate stack of items after each "use" action. Therefore it is best to store extra buckets during the actual duplication process and retrieve them afterwards when all of them can be filled at once.
- The Bucket "helmet" is of little practical use. While it is much cheaper than a proper Iron Helmet, it is also no more effective an a Wood Helmet, which is far more accessible than the bucket.
- You can use MLG Water Bucket trick. when you fall down, place water underneath or above you
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Inventory and worn sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Fixed bug where the last bucket of a stack wouldn't go into an available stack when used.
- Fixed bug where buckets don't stack together by themselves when dropped in the world.
- Fixed exploit where you could duplicate buckets on Mannequins.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 1 to 99.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Filled Buckets may no longer be emptied into solid ground.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Empty Buckets now offer 1 Defense to its wearer.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.