|Type||Miscellaneous – Tool|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Buy||25 / 1|
|Sell||5 / 20|
|Internal Item ID: 1991|
The Bug Net is a tool used to capture Critters as Inventory items. It is swung like a Broadsword, but deals no damage. The Bug Net is required in order to go Fishing, as it is the initial and primary method of obtaining Bait. Most Critters that are insects, worms, or snails can function as Bait once captured. The Bug Net is purchased from the Merchant for 25 each (1 on Desktop and Console). On the Mobile version, it can also be found as secondary loot in any type of chest above the surface layer.
The Golden Bug Net is an upgraded version that is bigger, swings faster, and can destroy tall grass, vines, and uproot plants, the way weapons do.
Other uses[edit | edit source]
- A captured Critter can be combined with a Terrarium to craft a decorative Cage that showcases the animated Critter inside.
- Captured Critters can also be "used", or dropped, which frees them back into the environment.
- Captured Bunnies can be used to craft Explosive Bunnies.
- A captured Truffle Worm is required in order to summon Duke Fishron, a Boss, during Hardmode. It must be used as Bait in the Ocean Biome.
- Critters have high sell values. Only about 5 Critters sold pays off the Bug Net, making it a useful moneymaker in the early game. Rare Golden Critters can be sold for 10 each.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Critters spawned by Statues cannot be caught. Attempting to do so causes them to vanish in a cloud of dust.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Cost reduced from 1 to 25 .
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed exploit where you could duplicate pets with Bug Net in multiplayer.