Hey, this ain't a movie, pal. Ammo is extra.
— The Arms Dealer
Bullets are a form of ammunition fired by guns. Currently there are fourteen varieties, many of which inflict debuffs on enemies.
- Although Luminite Bullets have the highest base damage of 22, Ichor Bullets inflict the Ichor debuff, lowering enemy defense by 20 and thus dealing up to 10 extra damage along with its base damage of 13.
- If a player is aiming for accuracy, the best idea is to use Chlorophyte Bullets as they home in on enemies.
- Cursed Bullets can only be obtained in worlds with The Corruption as they require Cursed Flames, and Ichor Bullets can only be obtained in worlds with The Crimson as they require Ichor. (This assumes that the player has not artificially introduced one of these biomes to a world that started with the other.)
- The Endless Musket Pouch provides an infinite supply of Musket Balls.
- Exploding Bullets have the highest knockback of all bullets in the game, rendering low knockback of some rapid-fire ranged weapons.
- In addition, the knockback of any ranged weapon will be combined with the knockback of the ammunition it's using.
- Also, because of the exploding bullets' high knockback, this can go well with the Sniper Rifle and the Tactical Shotgun, due to the fact that they already have high knockback.