Bundle of Balloons
Bundle of Balloons
|Each bonus jump|
- Internal Item ID: 1164
The Bundle of Balloons is an accessory that allows the wearer to perform a quadruple jump and increases their jump height. Each of the jumps has an effect from the different combined items: sandstorm jump, then blizzard jump, then cloud jump.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
total: 1 row(s)
Crafting tree[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Items that are in the same row will not stack in regard to the respective effect.|
|Increased height of first jump|
|Cloud double jump|
|Blizzard double jump|
|Sandstorm double jump|
- Stacks with a Fart in a Jar or a Fart in a Balloon, Tsunami in a Bottle or a Sharkron Balloon, and a Blessed Apple to provide a septuple jump.
- The jump order will be: Jump > Unicorn > Sandstorm > Blizzard > Fart > Tsunami > Cloud.
- The Bundle of Balloons, however, will not stack with the Sandstorm in a Bottle, Blizzard in a Bottle, or any other accessory that was used to craft it or its prerequisite balloons.
- If the player has wings equipped, they can slow-fall after each jump by holding the ↷ Jump button when jumping, enabling slow-fall at the end of the balloon's jump. Note that the wings are only usable after completing all balloon-based jumps.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Bundle of Balloons does not provide immunity to fall damage, despite the extreme jump heights it allows players to achieve. Without additional fall protection, players can incur severe fall damage after multiple jumps. In combination with the Rocket Boots or similar, it is easy to achieve a height at which over 400 damage will be taken upon landing, killing most characters instantly.
- The extra jumps from the Bundle of Balloons allow for much faster turning and higher vertical acceleration than most early wings at the start of each jump. This can be used to quickly reach top speed or dodge faster ranged attacks.
- Due to the rarity of Pyramids, and the difficulty of finding enough Floating Islands to provide three Shiny Red Balloons in one world, it will usually take multiple worlds to be able to obtain this item. However, it is possible to obtain multiple Shiny Red Balloons via Sky Crates , although due to the rarity of both Sky Crates and Shiny Red Balloons, getting enough can be very time-consuming.
- When using a non-flying mount, like a Unicorn, the extra jumps can be more useful than wings.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This accessory is one of the only pre-Hardmode accessories to have the rarity. With a good modifier, it can even achieve or rarity.
- Even though the sprite of the Bundle of Balloons depicts a green balloon, assumed to be the Fart in a Balloon, it is not actually used to craft the Bundle of Balloons, nor does it appear within the Bundle of Balloons sequence.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.