Bundle of Balloons
From Terraria Wiki
Bundle of Balloons
- Internal Item ID: 1164
|A player with the Bundle of Balloons equipped.|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Stacks with a Fart in a Jar or a Fart in a Balloon, Tsunami in a Bottle or a Sharkron Balloon, and a Blessed Apple to provide a septuple jump.
- The jump order will be: Jump > Unicorn > Sandstorm > Blizzard > Fart > Tsunami > Cloud.
- The Bundle of Balloons, however, will not stack with the Sandstorm in a Bottle, Blizzard in a Bottle, or any other accessory that was used to craft it or its prerequisite balloons.
- If you have Wings equipped you can slow-fall after each jump by holding the spacebar down when jumping, enabling slowfall at the end of the balloon's jump. You can only fly via the wings after using up all of your balloon-based jumps.
- It will also make you jump instead of fly when you first jump.
- The Bundle of Balloons does not provide immunity to fall damage, despite the extreme jump heights it allows players to achieve. Without additional fall protection, players can incur severe fall damage after multiple jumps. In combination with the Rocket Boots or similar, it is easy to achieve a height at which over 400 damage will be taken upon landing, killing most characters instantly.
- The extra jumps from the Bundle of Balloons allow for much faster turning and higher vertical acceleration than most early Wings at the start of each jump. This can be used to quickly reach top speed or dodge faster ranged attacks.
- Due to the rarity of pyramids, and the difficulty of finding enough Sky Islands to provide 3 Shiny Red Balloons in one world, it will frequently take multiple worlds to be able to obtain this item. However, it is possible to obtain multiple Shiny Red Baloons via Sky Crates, although due to the rarity of both Sky Crates and Shiny Red Balloons, getting enough can be very time-consuming.
- When using a non-flying mount, like a Unicorn, the extra jumps can be more useful than wings.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This accessory is one of the only Pre-Hardmode accessories to have the yellow rarity. With a good reforge, it can even achieve red or cyan rarity.
- Even though the sprite of the Bundle of Balloons depicts a green balloon, assumed to be the Fart in a Balloon, it is not actually used to craft the Bundle of Balloons, nor does it appear within the Bundle of Balloons sequence.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.