A Gold Bunny , which appears rarely in place of a normal bunny.
Killing bunnies is cruel. Period.
— A loading screen tip
Bunnies are harmless critters that can be caught with a Bug Net and do not normally interact with the player in any other way, except in that they can be killed by both players and enemies. They have 5 health and usually serve as ambient entities in Terraria.
Bunnies usually spawn only in the middle-third of the above-ground world, and only on ordinary Grass, though they can also spawn near NPCs in other locations. Bunnies are less likely to spawn in Hardmode and can be spawned by using a Bunny Statue attached to a Lever, a Pressure Plate or a Switch. During a Blood Moon, or when hit with Vile Powder or Vicious Powder , Bunnies will turn into Corrupt Bunnies or Vicious Bunnies , which have much more health and are aggressive.
On Desktop, Console, and Mobile, the Gold Bunny has a 1 in 150 chance of spawning instead of a normal one. These gold critters sell for
100000*10 each. Gold critters are rare creatures which are detected by the Lifeform Analyzer . Visual identification is helped by the sparkles they emit when alive in the world.
Most naturally spawned Bunnies can be caught with a Bug Net, and carried in the player's inventory (or placed in storage). If a critter caught with any Bug Net is taken from inventory and "used" (placed), it is again released into the environment at the cursor and behaves as usual.
All caught Bunnies can be crafted into Bunny Cages to create animated display furniture. Once crafted, the critter cannot be released. A captured Bunny can also be used to craft an Explosive Bunny to be fired from the Bunny Cannon.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are also gem bunny variants, which spawn within towns in update 1.4.
- If a Bunny is released from the inventory during a Blood Moon, it becomes a Corrupt or Vicious Bunny.
- Bunnies spawn near bound NPCs as well.
- The Christmas variant of the Bunny does not transform into a Corrupt Bunny on a Blood Moon in the Mobile version.
- Bunnies spawned from the Bunny Statue cannot be captured with a Bug Net.
- Bunnies wearing hats during a Party are not transformed into Corrupt Bunnies if Vile Powder is used on them.
- If a Bunny wearing a Party Hat, Slime Costume or Santa Costume is captured in a Bug Net, then released, it will change into a regular Bunny.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bunny is an iconic Terraria element and can be seen on many of Terraria's logos.
- Humorously, a bunny wearing a slime costume is labeled as "slime" when moused over.
- During Halloween, there is also a Slime wearing a Bunny costume.
- Bunnies are the most common Critters in Terraria, and are usually the first ones a new player will see.
- The loading screen tip of "Killing bunnies is cruel. Period." may be a reference to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, in which you can track the number of bunnies you have slaughtered via the menu.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Bunny Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 1.2.2: Bunnies may spawn with Santa Hats and red "coats" during the Christmas Season/Event.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Bunnies may spawn dressed as a slime during the Halloween Event.
- Desktop 1.1:
- May now be harmed by players.
- Now move at night.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.