|Effects||-50 health per second|
Reduced movement speed
|Tooltip||Losing life and slowed movement|
- Internal Buff ID: 67
- Not to be confused with On Fire!.
Burning is a debuff inflicted when the player comes in contact with Hellstone, Hellstone Brick, or Meteorite. The player takes continuous damage and has their movement speed reduced until they step off the block. Damage is taken at a rate of approximately 50 points per second.
The debuff can be prevented by equipping the Obsidian Skull, Obsidian Shield, Obsidian Horseshoe, Obsidian Water Walking Boots, Lava Waders, or the Ankh Shield, allowing the player to step on any of the three blocks without taking damage.
Causes[edit | edit source]
From environment[edit | edit source]
|While in contact|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The debuff was created for the sole purpose of preventing Hellstone abuse, where the player would voluntarily take direct damage from Hellstone and use the invincibility frames as immunity from higher damage sources, such as lava or a Hardmode boss.
- Sloping a block that causes this debuff will cause it to stop inflicting the debuff and dealing damage to the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 18.104.22.168, all biomes that contained blocks that inflict this debuff had the same music as a Blood Moon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: No longer caused by developer items on both world modes.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- No longer caused by developer items when worn in Expert mode.
- Sloping Meteorite, Hellstone, and Hellstone Brick no longer prevents this debuff.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.