|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||70 / 140 (contact) |
94 / 189 (chainsaw)
|Max Life||700 / 1400|
|KB Resist||75% / 78%|
- Internal NPC ID: 460
The Butcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera enemy that only spawns during the Solar Eclipse event. It slowly builds up speed over time, similarly to an Antlion Charger. It appears to wield a chainsaw that will deal heavy damage to players on contact.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite it being able to clearly wield and drop a Butcher's Chainsaw, the one it carries does not emit sparks upon contact with the player.
- Unlike most other enemies, Butchers can open doors with one hit.
- Butchers can damage players through one-tile-thick walls.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One should exercise extreme caution when fighting Butchers at close range, as they maneuver very fast, and can kill the player quickly. Using ranged weapons is recommended.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher is a reference to the character Leatherface from the 1974 American horror film The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()