|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||70/140/210 (contact) |
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 460
“Soulless and cruel, this pig-masked psychotic killer brandishes a powerful chainsaw in which to dismember every living thing.
— The Bestiary
The Butcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera enemy that only spawns during the Solar Eclipse event. It slowly builds up speed over time, similarly to an Antlion Charger. It wields a chainsaw that will deal heavy damage to players on contact.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite it being able to clearly wield and drop a Butcher's Chainsaw, the one it carries does not emit sparks upon contact with the player.
- Unlike most other enemies, Butchers can open doors with one hit.
- Butchers can damage players through one-tile-thick walls.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One should exercise extreme caution when fighting Butchers at close range, as they maneuver very fast, and can kill the player quickly. Using ranged weapons is recommended.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher is a reference to the character Leatherface from the 1974 American horror film The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. However, its sprite actually resembles Vincent Smith from the 1980 American horror film Motel Hell.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.