|Type||Tool – Weapon|
|Knockback||9 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||24 Fast|
|Tooltip||Sparks emit from struck enemies|
- Internal Item ID: 3098
The Butcher's Chainsaw is a Hardmode, post-Plantera chainsaw that has a 2.5% / 3.75% (1/40 / 3/80) chance to drop from Butchers during a Solar Eclipse. Upon striking an enemy or critter, it will emit sparks akin to the projectiles produced by the Wand of Sparking, dealing damage to nearby enemies/extra segments as well. These sparks deal magic damage, meaning that any magic buffs, accessories, or armor will boost them. They also have a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher's Chainsaw has a high DPS because it has a high damage per hit, and can hit enemies multiple times in rapid succession.
- As the On Fire! debuff only applies to enemies hit by the sparks, not by the chainsaw itself, careful positioning is required to make full use of the weapon's damage potential.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher, and the Butcher's Chainsaw, are both a tribute to the 1974 movie The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
- The Butcher's Chainsaw has the highest base damage and knockback of any tool.
- Enemies immune to the On Fire! debuff do not resist the damage from the sparks.
- It is the only melee weapon that can deal magic damage, and one of the only few melee weapons able to inflict a debuff without using Flasks.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()