From Terraria Wiki
- Internal NPC ID: 356
Butterflies are small critters that can be found in Forests during daytime. They can be caught with a Bug Net and carried in the inventory, or crafted into Butterfly Jars. They can also be used as Bait for Fishing.
Butterflies[edit | edit source]
|10||50% bait||444||Small spawn rate.|
|1||50% bait||356||Small spawn rate.|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used In[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all Critters, Butterflies spawned by a Butterfly Statue will disappear into a puff of smoke when trying to catch them with a Bug Net.
- The spawn rate for Butterflies is decided at random when a day begins. As such, some days will have countless butterflies, while others will have almost none.
- Because of this, new players should be on the lookout for days when lots of Butterflies spawn, since Butterflies can fetch high prices. One day can easily net over 10 Gold Coins.
- Keep in mind that Butterfly Jars cannot be uncrafted, thus once you put a Butterfly in a jar you cannot use it as Bait for Fishing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly item is the 2000th item to be added to the game, as seen through its Item ID.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Gold Butterfly added.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.