Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
(Redirected from Butterfly)
Butterflies are small critters that can be found in Forests during daytime. They can be caught with a Bug Net and carried in the inventory, or crafted into Butterfly Jars. They can also be used as Bait for Fishing.
Butterflies[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 2891
|50%||444||Small spawn rate.|
Internal Item ID: 2001
Internal Item ID: 1994
|Purple Emperor Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1995
|Red Admiral Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1996
Internal Item ID: 1998
|Tree Nymph Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1999
|50%||356||Small spawn rate.|
Internal Item ID: 1997
|Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 2000
Internal Item ID: 4845
|15%||653||Can only be caught with Lavaproof Bug Net or Golden Bug Net. Can be used to fish in lava.|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
total: 13 row(s)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all Critters, Butterflies spawned by a Butterfly Statue will disappear into a puff of smoke when trying to catch them with a Bug Net.
- The spawn rate for Butterflies is decided at random when a day begins. As such, some days will have countless butterflies, while others will have almost none.
- Because of this, new players should be on the lookout for days when lots of Butterflies spawn, since Butterflies can fetch high prices. One day can easily net over 10 Gold Coins.
- Keep in mind that Butterfly Jars cannot be uncrafted, thus once you put a Butterfly in a jar you cannot use it as Bait for Fishing.
- Butterflies, like all critters, can heal up naturally over time.
- Attempting to catch a Hell Butterfly with a standard Bug Net will not work, resulting in 1 damage taken and being inflicted with Burning for 5 seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly item is the 2000th item to be added to the game, as seen through its Item ID.
- Butterfly: "Beautiful fluttering insects that love sunrises. Fish are attracted to these based on their color variety."
- Hell Butterfly: "A solemn butterfly seeking blooms rooted in hell. Its wings glimmer with fiery veins."
See also[edit | edit source]
- Prismatic Lacewing, a Boss summon critter whose behavior is similar to butterflies.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Hell Butterfly added.
- Sprites updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Gold Butterfly added.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.