- Internal Tile ID: 358-359, 360-364, 414
- Internal Tile ID: 275-281, 285-286, 296-299, 309-310, 339, 391-394, 413
Gold cages are regular cages containing gold critters. They sell for
100000*10 each. Aside from the sell price, they are the same as regular cages.
Cages are background furniture, and nothing can be placed on them, nor can they be placed on top of each other. All cages measure either 6 tiles wide by 3 high, or 3 tiles wide by 2 high, and are partially transparent. Cages cannot be opened, broken, or crafted back into their ingredients, so once a critter is crafted into a cage, that particular critter can no longer be released.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Regular Critters[edit | edit source]
Gold Critters [edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Instead of the Terrarium; Butterflies, Dragonflies, Fireflies, Lavaflies and Lightning Bugs must be combined with a Bottle to create bottled variants. Bottled Water can be combined with Goldfish or Pupfish to make Fish Bowls, or with fished Jellyfish to make Jellyfish Jars. Light-providing insects in bottles can be used as valid light sources for housing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Gold critters inside Terrariums sell for the same price as without one, so it may be desirable to sell the animal without a Terrarium.
- Some critters that have a sell price have no value when placed in a Terrarium.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the map, when hovered over with the mouse, the Red Squirrel Cage erroneously displays the text "Orange Squirrel Cage".
- The Penguin's sprite in the Penguin Cage resembles the Baby Penguin, rather than the Penguin used to craft it. This may be due to resolution constraints, which would make it difficult to draw a proper penguin inside the cage's borders.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added more critter cages and gold cage variants.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added more critter cages and gold cage variants.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed non-animating critter cages.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Added more critter cages and gold cage variants. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Added more critter cages and gold cage variants. ()
- Console 1.08: Added the Mallard Duck Cage.
- Console 1.07: Introduced all Desktop 1.2.3 Cages except the Mallard Duck Cage.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced all Desktop 1.2.3 cages.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced all Desktop 1.2.3 cages.