Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Buff tooltip||Reduced enemy aggression|
The Calming Potion is a buff potion which grants the Calm buff when consumed. While under its effects, the enemy spawn rate is reduced by 17% and the max amount of enemies on screen is reduced by 20%. This lasts for 5 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by reloading the game (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Calming Potion buff will stack with the buff provided by Peace Candles and the Happy! buff from Sunflowers, further reducing enemy spawn rates.
- The Battle Potion has the opposite effect.
- Despite mentioning "enemy aggression" in its tooltips, the Calming Potion buff does not affect aggro.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use it before entering the Dungeon, if the goal is looting chests and you already have a sufficient number of keys.
- While not directly helpful against bosses themselves, it can be useful to use against some like the Queen Bee or the Wall of Flesh whose biomes typically have numerous enemy spawns which could make the fight harder.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.