We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Use time||16 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Reduces enemy aggression and spawn rate|
|Buff duration||5 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||Reduced enemy aggression|
|Internal Item ID: 2324|
|Internal Buff ID: 106|
The Calming Potion is a buff potion which grants the Calm buff when consumed. While under its effects, the enemy spawn rate is reduced by 17% and the max amount of enemies on screen is reduced by 20%. This lasts for 5 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Calming Potion buff will stack with the buff provided by Peace Candles and the Happy! buff from Sunflowers, further reducing enemy spawn rates.
- The Battle Potion has the opposite effect.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use it before entering the Dungeon, if the goal is looting chests and you already have a sufficient number of keys.
- While not directly helpful against bosses themselves, it can be useful to use against some like the Queen Bee or the Wall of Flesh whose biomes typically have numerous enemy spawns which could make the fight harder.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.4: Introduced.