|Dimensions||3 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Life regen is increased when near a campfire|
|Buff duration||Infinite while in vicinity|
|Buff tooltip||Life regen is slightly increased|
The Campfire is a placed furniture item that emits light and provides the Cozy Fire health regeneration buff to players standing within a 99-tile by 87-tile rectangular region centered on the Campfire, similar to the Heart Lantern. Each will also slow the effects of damaging debuffs (such as Poisoned and On Fire!), and being within the range of both items stacks this slowing effect. Campfires can be turned off by right-clicking the item or by sending them a wire signal, and can be toggled back on again the same way.
It is also used to cook a Marshmallow on a Stick.
The Fireplace operates similarly and provides the same Cozy Fire buff, but cannot cook a Marshmallow on a Stick.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used to craft[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Campfire does not count as a light source for NPC housing.
- Within its range, the regeneration bonus is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
- NPCs are unaffected by the healing effect.
- It gives a 0.5 HP/s healing rate as well as a 1.1xbase healing rate.
- A similar health regeneration boost can be achieved with Heart Lanterns.
- With the exception of the Cursed Campfire and Ichor Campfire, campfires are immediately destroyed if liquids are poured over them.
- Turning off the campfire cancels the buff.
- The presence of the Moon Lord will turn campfires black, but that will not cancel their buff.
- The Bone Campfire tool tip when your cursor is over it will be a Shadowflame Bow.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with the Heart Lantern, it may be useful to have one in your hotbar in dangerous areas, so you can place it easily for quicker regeneration.
- It is also useful to have one placed permanently in your base, along with a Heart Lantern.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While a Campfire is in rain, it emits an extra amount of smoke as an aesthetic effect.
- On the Desktop version and Console version, normal campfires can sometimes be found in an underground camp along with some Silver Coins.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Added Bone and Ultra Bright campfires.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite updated.
- Wood requirement lowered from 20 to 10.
- Added 5 new campfire varieties: Cursed, Demon, Frozen, Ichor, and Rainbow.
- Campfires can now be turned off by right-clicking them.
- Turning off a campfire removes its regenerative buff.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Buff icon added.
- Desktop 1.2.1: You can no longer place Campfires in water.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.