Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
The Cascade is a pre-Hardmode yoyo. With a base reach of 15.5 tiles and a maximum spin duration of 16 seconds before returning, it is the most powerful yoyo available Pre-Hardmode. Upon striking an enemy, it has a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff.
The Cascade has a 1/400 (0.25%) chance of being dropped by any enemy in or near The Underworld after Skeletron has been defeated. Once Hardmode begins, it will no longer drop, as the stronger Hel-Fire will drop instead.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When used, it will emit embers which can be used as a light source stemming 6 blocks away (13×13 tiles sized light; 6 tiles from all sides, excluding the source).
- Unlike the Hel-Fire, the Cascade can be obtained from enemies spawned via a statue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Cascade comes from one of the many different yoyos sold by One Drop YoYos . Their logo is the symbol listed at the bottom of the item's tooltip. There is a notable difference in color, though: While the real-life original is light blue, the Cascade is red, most likely due to it being dropped in the Underworld and inflicting On Fire!.
- Unlike many other items, the Cascade's availability is very limited, as it can only be obtained between defeating Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh.
- It is the only weapon that becomes completely unobtainable in Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Item sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.