|Use time||25 Fast|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Cascade is a pre-Hardmode yoyo. With a base reach of 15.5 tiles and a maximum spin duration of 16 seconds before returning, it is currently the most powerful yoyo available Pre-Hardmode. Upon striking an enemy, it has a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff.
The Cascade has a 1/400 (0.25%) chance of being dropped by any enemy in or near The Underworld after Skeletron has been defeated. Once Hardmode begins, it will no longer drop, as the stronger Hel-Fire will drop instead.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When used, it will emit embers which can be used as a light source stemming 6 blocks away (13×13 tiles sized light; 6 tiles from all sides, excluding the source).
- Unlike the Hel-Fire, the Cascade can be obtained from enemies spawned via a statue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Cascade comes from one of the many different yoyos sold by One Drop YoYos . Their logo is the symbol listed at the bottom of the item's tooltip. There is a notable difference in color, though: While the real-life original is light blue, the Cascade is red, most likely due to it being dropped in the Underworld and inflicting On Fire!.
- Unlike many other items, the Cascade's availability is very limited, as it can only be obtained between defeating Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.