|Use time||25 Fast|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Cascade is a pre-Hardmode yoyo. With a base reach of 15.5 tiles and a maximum spin duration of 16 seconds before returning, it is currently the most powerful yoyo available before Hardmode. Upon striking an enemy, it has a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff.
The Cascade has a 0.25% (1/400) chance of being dropped by any enemy in or near The Underworld after Skeletron has been defeated. Once Hardmode begins, it will no longer drop, as the stronger Hel-Fire will drop instead.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An effective way of farming the Cascade is by setting up a statue farm in or near The Underworld.
- When used, it will emit embers which can be used as a light source stemming 6 blocks away (13×13 tiles sized light; 6 tiles from all sides, excluding the source).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like many yoyos available in Terraria, the Cascade is based off its real-life counterpart produced by One Drop YoYos. There is a notable difference in color, though: While the real-life original is light blue, the Cascade is red, most likely due to it being dropped in the Underworld and inflicting On Fire!. The small icon in the tooltip of these yoyos is the One Drop logo.
- Unlike many other items, the Cascade's availability is very limited, as it can only be obtained between defeating Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.