|Use time||25 Fast|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Cascade is a yoyo, and is currently the most powerful yoyo available before Hardmode. It can be held out for 16 seconds before it returns, and upon striking an enemy, has a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff. When used it will emit embers which can be used as a light source stemming 6 blocks away (13 x 13 sized light, 6 from all sides and excluding the source making it 13).
The Cascade has a 0.25% (1/400) chance of being dropped by any enemy in or near The Underworld after Skeletron has been defeated (Statue-spawned enemies work as well). Once Hardmode begins, it will no longer drop, as the stronger Hel-Fire will drop instead.
It has a spin duration of 16 seconds, and can reach up to 15.5 tiles.
Its best modifier is Godly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A great way of farming this item is by setting up a statue farm near or in The Underworld.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like many yoyos available in Terraria, the Cascade is based off its real-life counterpart produced by One Drop YoYos, although it has been notably switched from a light blue colour to red, most likely due to it being dropped in the Underworld, and randomly inflicting On Fire!. The small icon in the tooltip of these yoyos is the One Drop logo.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.