|Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert Mode and Expert Mode worlds.|
|Tooltip||Allows flight and slow fall|
Press DOWN to toggle hover
Press UP to deactivate hover
Hold UP to boost faster!
'The more you know'
- Internal Item ID: 4954
The Celestial Starboard is an Expert Mode-exclusive wing-type accessory obtained from the Moon Lord's Treasure Bag. In addition to granting remarkable flight capabilities, it has both the hover function of the Hoverboard (▼ Down key) and the upwards boost function of the Jetpack and Empress Wings (▲ Up key). At its top speed, it travels at 86 mph horizontal, 175 mph vertical, and 51 mph while falling.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because of the Celestial Starboard's increased vertical speed, dash abilities (Shield of Cthulhu, Master Ninja Gear, Solar Flare armor set bonus) may be interrupted by the rapid free-falling or ascent of the player, thus decreasing the effective duration of the dash.
- The Celestial Starboard also greatly increases horizontal agility, allowing the player to change directions quickly in mid-air.
- It trails a small rainbow behind the player, similar to the rainbow effect of the Meowmere Minecart.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With the Celestial Starboard, Soaring Insignia, and Frog Leg (or any of its upgrades), it is possible to reach a maximum vertical speed of 226 mph, provided there is sufficient vertical room to do so.
- With periodic use of the Winged Slime Mount during flight, it is possible to achieve a vertical speed of about 402 mph in a short time.
- Holding ▲ Up increases vertical acceleration, but drains the wings' "stamina" faster. To reach the maximum possible height, hold ▲ Up for only a moment after takeoff, then let go.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Celestial Starboard possesses the highest vertical flight of all wings in the game, even higher than the Stardust Wings and Solar Wings.
- This item is one of three Expert mode-exclusive items dropped by the Moon Lord.
- The item's design along with its tooltip "'The more you know'" is a reference to the TV public service announcements of the same name, which feature a star with rainbow trail.
- This item closely resembles the Warp Star from the Japanese action-platformer video game series Kirby.
- The item's internal name is
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Made some adjustments to improve its handling.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.