|Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert Mode and Expert Mode worlds.|
|Tooltip||Allows flight and slow fall|
Press DOWN to toggle hover
Press UP to deactivate hover
Hold UP to boost faster!
'The more you know'
- Internal Item ID: 4954
The Celestial Starboard is an Expert Mode-exclusive wing-type accessory obtained from the Moon Lord's Treasure Bag. In addition to granting remarkable flight capabilities, it has both the hover function of the Hoverboard (▼ Down key) and the upwards boost function of the Jetpack and Empress Wings (▲ Up key). At its top speed, it travels at 83 mph horizontal, 175 mph vertical, and 51 mph while falling.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because of the Celestial Starboard's increased air control, using it alongside any means of dashing (Shield of Cthulhu, Master Ninja Gear, Solar Flare armor set bonus) can be detrimental as it will decrease the dash range.
- When falling, the Celestial Starboard also greatly increases falling horizontal agility, allowing the player to change directions quickly in mid-air.
- It trails a small rainbow behind the player, similar to the rainbow effect of the Meowmere Minecart.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With the Celestial Starboard, Soaring Insignia, and Frog Leg (or any of its upgrades), it is possible to reach a maximum vertical speed of 226 mph, provided there is sufficient vertical room to do so.
- With this exceptional speed, using the Celestial Starboard is one of the fastest ways of traveling through the world.
- Holding ▲ Upincreases your vertical acceleration, but drains the wings' 'stamina' faster. To reach the maximum possible height, hold ▲ Upfor only a moment after takeoff, then let go.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Celestial Starboard possesses the highest vertical flight of all wings in the game.
- This item is one of three Expert mode-exclusive items dropped by the Moon Lord.
- The item's design along with its tooltip "The more you know" is a reference to the TV public service announcements of the same name, which feature a star with rainbow trail.
- This item closely resembles the Warp Star from the Japanese action-platformer video game series Kirby.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.