|Type||Informational – Tool|
|Use time||89 Snail|
Allows you to return home at will
- Internal Item ID: 3124
The Cell Phone is an informational item that displays fishing power, weather, moon phase, elevation, distance east/west, time, nearest valuable environment item, player speed, current DPS, total kills of the last enemy attacked, rare creatures nearby, and total number of nearby enemies. It can also teleport the player home, similar to a Magic Mirror. The Cell Phone has the most complex crafting tree in Terraria using 13 base items (and 8 crafting operations), narrowly beating the Ankh Shield which uses 11.
Unlike most other informational items, the Cell Phone does not double as an accessory, and cannot be equipped in accessory slots. It instead functions solely from the player's ordinary inventory slots.
While the inventory screen is open, Cell Phone information is hidden. Instead, an icon is displayed for each information type, each of which can be clicked to toggle their display on or off.
In Multiplayer, information from the Cell Phone will be shared with other nearby players on the same team.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Cell Phone is the end result of combining 13 individual items: its original constituent items are the Magic Mirror or Ice Mirror, Gold Watch or Platinum Watch (Both of which are made of 10 bars and a Chain) Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Weather Radio, Sextant, DPS Meter, Tally Counter, Lifeform Analyzer, Radar, Compass, Depth Meter, Metal Detector and Stopwatch.
- All of the Cell Phone's crafting components are relatively common and are found easily without going out of your way looking for them, with the exception of the metal detector, and the items given to you by NPCs.
- Though the Cell Phone is a very versatile and powerful accessory, obtaining it will often take a huge amount of patience. Some of the required accessories, such as the Metal Detector and the Angler’s quest items, may be very time consuming to come across.
Crafting Guide Video[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cell Phone's nature as a single catch-all device parallels the multifunctionality of real modern smartphones, which have largely rendered once-common appliances like watches, compasses, timers, radios, and atlases obsolete in most cases. The usage of a mirror in the recipe could also be a reference to cameras, specifically ones that point back at the user's face.
- Although it is a powerful item and has a rarity of lime, the Cell Phone can be acquired pre-Hardmode, since all ingredients can be obtained prior to defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- The phone, sharing the Magic Mirror's use time, is one of the few items qualifying with "snail" speed.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()