We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Use time||89 (Snail)|
|Tooltip|| Displays everything|
Allows you to return home at will
|Internal Item ID: 3124|
|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
- For an extensive guide to crafting this item, and a crafting tree, see Guide:Crafting a Cell Phone.
The Cell Phone is an informational item that displays fishing power, weather, moon phase, elevation, distance east/west, time, nearest valuable environment item, player speed, current DPS, total kills of the last enemy attacked, rare creatures nearby, and total number of nearby enemies. It can also teleport the player home, similar to a Magic Mirror. The Cell Phone has the most complex crafting tree in Terraria using 13 base items, narrowly beating the Ankh Shield which uses 11.
Unlike most other informational items, the Cell Phone does not double as an accessory, and cannot be equipped in accessory slots. It instead functions solely from the player's ordinary inventory slots.
While the inventory screen is open, Cell Phone information is hidden. Instead, an icon is displayed for each information type, each of which can be clicked to toggle their display on or off.
In Multiplayer, information from the Cell Phone will be shared with other nearby players on the same team.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Cell Phone is the end result of combining 13 individual items: its original constituent items are the Magic Mirror or Ice Mirror, Gold Watch or Platinum Watch (Both of which are made of 10 bars and a Chain) Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Weather Radio, Sextant, DPS Meter, Tally Counter, Lifeform Analyzer, Radar, Compass, Depth Meter, Metal Detector and Stopwatch.
- All of the Cell Phone's crafting components are relatively common and are found easily without going out of your way looking for them with the exception of the metal detector and the items given to you by NPCs
Crafting Guide Video[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cell Phone's nature as a single catch-all device parallels the multifunctionality of real modern smartphones, which have largely rendered once-common appliances like watches, compasses, timers, radios, and atlases obsolete in most cases. The usage of a mirror in the recipe could also be a reference to cameras, specifically ones that point back at the user's face.
- Although it is a powerful item and has a rarity of lime, the Cell Phone can be acquired pre-Hardmode, since all ingredients can be obtained prior to defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- The phone, sharing the Magic Mirror's use time, is one of the few items qualifying with "snail" speed.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.