|Knockback||1.75 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||4 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||50% chance to not consume ammo|
- Internal Item ID: 1929
The Chain Gun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Gun, and is currently the fastest gun to-date. It has a 50% chance of not consuming Ammunition, but fires in random directions over a wide spread, similar to the Gatligator. It is dropped semi-rarely (5.55%-12.5% / 12.5% - 50% chance) by Santa-NK1 during the Frost Moon event.
Its best Modifier is either Godly or Rapid.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Chlorophyte Bullets pair well with the Chain Gun, as their homing ability negates the gun's singular weakness of accuracy.
- When forged with the Rapid or Frenzying prefix, the Chain Gun will gain 25% speed. This happens due to rounding down its already insane shooting speed (4 to 3). The Godly prefix is better for players preferring to save ammo, at the cost of less damage. DPS for Godly:
DPS=(36+bullet-roundup(def/2))*60/4*1.09. The DPS for Rapid:
- This weapon may be a good option for damaging enemies very quickly to proc abilities like the Nebula Armor's.
- Because of its absurd rate of fire, the Endless Musket Pouch should be used to save your more valuable shots for boss fights.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The gun appears to be a smaller version of Santa-NK1's arm.
- A Chain Gun with Rapid or Frenzying as a prefix will have a use time of 3, which is the fastest of any ranged weapon in the game. The S.D.M.G. does more damage yet fires slightly slower.
- The Chain Gun fires 3 more bullets per second than the S.D.M.G. with no speed modifiers.
- Due to the way bullet spread works on mobile, the Chain Gun doesn't have spread, making it arguably the best gun on mobile to date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.