Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Chain Knife
The Chain Knife is a melee weapon that throws a Knife-like projectile attached to a chain, similar to Flails, but the attack button cannot be held to wield it continuously. It only extends a short distance of 12 tiles, though its quick use time and velocity may make it a good early to mid-game weapon. It has a 0.4% (1 in 250) chance of being dropped by a Cave Bat.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is good at killing quick flying monsters. It is also good at killing large groups of Wall Creepers, and keeping the second form of the Brain of Cthulhu at bay.
- A Bat Statue can be used to easily farm bats to obtain the Chain Knife.
- Although this item is able to knock back enemies quite a distance, it is very difficult to stunlock enemies with this weapon. This is due to the slow use time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most flails, this flail will not spin around the player, but instead attack the target directly before returning to the player.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Chain Guillotines, its Hardmode counterpart
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage increased from 11 to 12.
- Item and projectile sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.