We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The Chaos Elemental is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Hallow biome in the cavern layer. It runs around and teleports quickly and chaotically (hence the name), attempting to damage the player by making contact. It will teleport anywhere in a random position within 20 tiles from its target, but at least 4 tiles away, and only into a space that is at least 4 blocks tall and 3 blocks wide. It will not teleport into lava, though it can easily fall into it after teleporting. Chaos Elementals are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, On Fire!, Shadowflame, and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
Like many Underground Hallow enemies, Chaos Elementals have a glowing pink after-image.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chaos Elementals will not spawn if the player is standing in front of housing Walls.
- Chaos Elementals will only spawn on top of Pearlstone or Pearlsand Blocks. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a hallowed biome.
- On the Mobile version, Chaos Elementals are known to occasionally drop Rainbow Rod, but the chance of dropping one is very low.
- On the Console version, Spectral Elementals appear to be slightly slower than Chaos Elementals. On the Mobile Version, the difference is bigger.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, Illuminant Bats and Illuminant Slimes are overabundant in the Underground Hallow, and will block nearly all Chaos Elemental spawns. This can be alleviated by making an area of Pearlstone or Pearlsand outside of the Underground Hallow, so Chaos Elementals can spawn unobstructed.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 18.104.22.168: Now has a chance to drop the Blessed Apple.
- 1.2.3: No longer spawns in the Underground Hallow if the world is not in Hardmode.
- 22.214.171.124: Now drops the Rod of Discord properly.
- 1.1: Introduced.