Charged Blaster Cannon
|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
- Charged Blaster Orb
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Charged Blaster Laser
The Charged Blaster Cannon is a Hardmode, post-Golem magic weapon that fires electric spheres and beams. It has a 11.11% (1/9) chance to be dropped by the Martian Saucer during the Martian Madness event.
The Charged Blaster Cannon has three firing modes:
- A single tap of ⚒ Use / Attack fires a small non-piercing orb.
- Holding ⚒ Use / Attack and releasing it after one second fires a large orb with infinite piercing and increased damage.
- Holding ⚒ Use / Attack for more than three seconds fires a large, solid beam, continuously until the key is released, mana is depleted, or ~5 seconds have passed. The beam does even more damage (~175), has infinite piercing, and hits all enemies in its path repeatedly, about 5 times per second. The firing angle cannot be adjusted while the continuous beam is firing.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the high damage output and infinite piercing of the charged beam, this weapon is extremely useful for horizontal crowd control or against segmented bosses such as the Destroyer.
- The fully charged beam's range is 300 tiles. The lesser spherical projectiles travel much farther.
- The fully charged beam is comparable to the Last Prism's condensed super beam, but with a lot less damage.
- Take care to avoid firing the fully charged beam along grass surfaces, as foliage growing on said grass will block the beam.
- Although the angle of the fully charged beam cannot be adjusted whilst firing, the player can still move freely, so one would not be helpless if the beam fired at the wrong angle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a nod to the classic video game character Mega Man, who had a similarly-shaped cannon called a "Mega Buster". It could be similarly charged before firing, and the Charged Blaster Cannon's appearance as part of the player's arm when selected mimics the fact that Mega Man's robotic body had the gun built into his arm.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.