Chattering Teeth Bomb
|AI Type||Herpling AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 378
The Chattering Teeth Bomb is a Hardmode enemy that is spawned by Clowns during the Blood Moon / an unspawnable enemy. It hops about, similarly to the Herpling, making small jumps and then large jumps as it makes its way toward the player to explode.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chattering Teeth Bombs can be very dangerous; they can spawn in early Hardmode, posing a major threat to any player still using pre-Hardmode gear. Even with early-Hardmode equipment, their high damage and non-trivial durability make them a serious hazard for Hardmode Blood Moons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since they don't spawn by themselves, you should search and take down the Clowns throwing them
- They can't jump to platforms above 11 blocks high, allowing you to safely take them down with ranged weapons, although be wary of near structures on which the bomb can jump onto
- Due to their small size they are hard to hit and homing projectiles might go to near enemies, making splash damage an ideal tactic. Weapons such as Grenades, Exploding Bullets, or fast shooting weapons such as Crystal Storm, and Laser Rifle are optimal.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Chattery Teeth are a real world wind-up toy comprised of a pair of plastic teeth, often on small feet. When wound up and released, the teeth clatter and move about erratically.
- Chattering Teeth Bombs look similar to the Bob-ombs from the Mario series.
- The Bestiary entry for the Chattering Teeth Bomb: "A playful prank gone wrong, clowns will unleash these explosive chompers on their enemies. Also great for parties!"
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now thrown by Clowns.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced, but unspawnable.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, but unspawnable.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced, but unspawnable.