|Tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced.|
|Internal Buff ID: 46|
Chilled is a debuff inflicted by monsters native to the Snow biome. In Expert mode, it is also caused by standing or swimming in water located in a Snow biome. The debuff can be prevented with the Hand Warmer, or, on the Desktop version, Console version, and , the versionAnkh Shield. Additionally, Arctic Diving Gear will protect you from the Expert mode water effect, but not other sources of Chilled. Like the Slow debuff, it reduces the player's speed, but not as severely.
Causes[edit | edit source]
From enemy[edit | edit source]
|10 / 20 seconds||1/12 (8.33%)|
|20 / 40 seconds||1/20 (5%) (spike attack)|
|20 / 40 seconds||1/15 (6.67%)|
|20 / 40 seconds||1/20 (5%)|
|20 / 40 seconds
45 / 90 seconds
|1/25 (4%) (melee attack) |
1/1 (100%) (ice beam)
|20 / 40 seconds||1/25 (4%) (spit)|
|20 / 40 seconds||1/1 (100%) (frost wave)|
From environment[edit | edit source]
|in Snow Biome||10 seconds||1/1 (100%)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While this debuff is active, you'll hear a sound and dust effects similar to the sprint effect of the Hermes Boots.
- This debuff does slow movement speed on some Mounts.
- When entering water while this debuff is active, the timer on the debuff will stop, and will not continue until the player exits the water. This happens in both normal and Expert mode worlds.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.