|Tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
|Internal Buff ID: 46|
Chilled is a debuff inflicted by monsters native to the Snow biome. In Expert mode, it is also caused by being in water located in a Snow biome. The debuff can be prevented with the Hand Warmer, or, on the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and , the versionAnkh Shield. Additionally, Arctic Diving Gear will protect the player from the Expert mode water effect, but not other sources of Chilled. Like the Slow debuff, it reduces the player's speed, but not as severely.
Most enemies that can inflict Chilled can also inflict the Frozen debuff.
Causes[edit | edit source]
From enemy[edit | edit source]
|10 / 20 seconds||1/12 (8.33%)|
|20 / 40 seconds||1/1 (100%) (both contact and Ice Spike)|
|15 / 30 seconds||1/15 (6.67%)|
|45 / 90 seconds||1/1 (100%) (Frost Beam)|
|25 / 50 seconds||1/1 (100%) (Icewater Spit)|
|Ice Queen||5 / 10 seconds||1/2 (50%) (Frost Wave)|
|10 / 20 seconds||1/2 (50%) (Frost Wave)|
|5 / 10 seconds||1/3 (33.33%) (Frost Shard)|
|10 / 20 seconds||1/3 (33.33%) (Frost Shard)|
From environment[edit | edit source]
|in Snow biome||5 seconds||1/1 (100%)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While this debuff is active, moving causes sound and dust effects similar to those of the Hermes Boots.
- Chilled even affects movement on most mounts.
- When entering water while this debuff is active, the timer on the debuff will stop, and will not continue until the player exits the water. This happens in both normal and Expert mode worlds.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.