|Type||Armor – Set|
|Set Bonus||Summons a powerful leaf crystal to shoot at nearby enemies.|
|Buff duration||Infinite, while full set is worn|
|Buff tooltip||Shoots crystal leaves at nearby enemies|
- Internal Buff ID: 60
Chlorophyte Armor is a Hardmode armor set that can be considered a step up from Hallowed Armor, granting better defense and being geared more towards high damage rates for ranged and magic users, but less speed than Hallowed Armor.
Equipping the full set causes a Leaf Crystal to permanently appear over the player's head, automatically attacking enemies via a ranged projectile that costs no mana or ammunition. The projectiles can cause up to 100 damage each.
The Leaf Crystal is capable of firing two separate simultaneous volleys of projectiles. Each volley fires every 0.85 seconds. It is possible for both volleys to be targeting the same enemy.
- One volley targets any enemies in range on its own. It requires a clear line-of-sight, and will not fire through blocks, except on Mobile, where it can fire.
- A second volley activates when an enemy takes damage from other sources first (eg. from a player attack, or from Lava, a Minion, a Trap, etc). This volley will target enemies through blocks, and the projectile will travel through blocks to reach the target.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Leaf Crystal itself emits a small amount of green light.
- The Crystal does not benefit from damage-increasing accessories and cannot deal critical hits.
- When firing, the crystal launches a projectile moving in a straight line and does not home in or track targets. As the projectile doesn't travel too quickly, it will often miss targets that move around a lot, such as Wandering Eyes.
- In PvP, the crystal will not target players unless they take damage from another source first.
- The Leaf Crystal will fire at invincible enemies such as Blazing Wheels, Spike Balls, Golem’s head during the second phase, and the Mysterious Tablet outside of the Dungeon. In the latter case, it is possible for the Crystal to miss the tablet and hit the Cultists instead.
- If a minion is attacking an enemy behind blocks, the Leaf Crystal may also shoot through the blocks to hit the same target.
- The Chlorophyte Mask has the highest defense and highest total melee DPS bonuses of any head slot item.
- Dragon armor and Chlorophyte armor offer the highest universal critical strike chance bonus of any armor set in the game.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The crystal can be very useful for farming certain enemies while inactive, for example in search of rare drops and Biome Keys.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Console 1.02: Introduced with female variant.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced with female variant.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with female variant.