|Damage||10 / 15 (Ranged)|
|Tooltip||Chases after your enemy|
- Chlorophyte Bullet
Chlorophyte Bullets are homing bullets which are capable of turning sharply in midair and even curve instantly around to hit enemies behind the player. They will home in on the closest target first but if that one is killed, any remaining airborne pellets will change targets, going after the next one.
Chlorophyte Bullets will also produce a momentary streak effect that emits a large amount of green light.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chlorophyte Bullets will not home in on other players in PvP scenarios.
- Likewise, the bullets will not home in on a Target Dummy, due to it not technically being an enemy.
- Chlorophyte Bullets may home in on Mimics and Nymphs/Lost Girls before they become hostile and attack the player.
- Reflected Chlorophyte Bullets from either Biome Mimics in Expert Mode or Selenians will target the player.
- On certain platforms, Chlorophyte Bullets may heavily impact the game's performance due to their "streak" effect.
- The bullet will target any enemy except Martian Probe, regardless of direction.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Chlorophyte Bullets will attempt to home in on enemies on the other side of solid blocks, wasting bullets.
- A good tactic would be to shoot the bullets over enemies behind cover; that way the round will 'sense' it and then swerve around to hit.
- Chlorophyte Bullets pair well with guns which have a wide spread, e.g. the Shotgun and Tactical Shotgun, the Chain Gun, the Gatligator, or the Vortex Beater. The bullets' homing effect negates the spread.
- Chlorophyte Bullets are less effective against the Lunatic Cultist as he takes 25% less damage from homing projectiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When fighting weak enemies (such as Slimes) and using a fast-firing gun (such as the Chain Gun), if the targeted enemy is killed by a shot with other shots on screen, and these shots have no targets, it's possible to get chlorophyte bullets to slow down greatly, nearly to the point of stopping.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage decreased from 15 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.