|Type||Armor • Set|
|Set Bonus||Summons a powerful leaf crystal to shoot at nearby enemies|
|Buff tooltip||Shoots crystal leaves at nearby enemies|
|Duration||Infinite, while full set is worn|
- Internal Buff ID: 60
Chlorophyte armor is a Hardmode armor set available after defeating all three mechanical bosses. It can be considered a partial upgrade of Hallowed armor, granting more defense and being geared more towards high ranged and magic damage output.
Equipping the full set causes a Leaf Crystal to permanently appear over the player's head, automatically attacking enemies via a ranged projectile that costs no mana or ammunition. The projectile can cause up to 100 damage each.
The Leaf Crystal is capable of firing two separate simultaneous volleys of projectiles. Each volley fires every 0.85 seconds. It is possible for both volleys to be targeting the same enemy.
- One volley targets any enemies in range on its own. It requires a clear line-of-sight, and will not fire through blocks (except on Mobile).
- A second volley activates when an enemy takes damage from other sources first (e.g. from a player attack, or from lava, a minion, a trap, etc). This volley will target enemies through blocks, and the projectile will travel through blocks to reach the target.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Leaf Crystal has the following unique properties:
- When firing, it launches a projectile moving in a straight line and does not home in or track targets. As the projectile travels only at a moderate velocity, it will often miss targets that move around a lot, such as Wandering Eyes.
- It will fire at invincible enemies such as Blazing Wheels, Spike Balls, Golem's head during the second phase, and the Mysterious Tablet outside of the Dungeon. In the latter case, it is possible for the crystal to miss the tablet and hit the Cultists instead.
- In PvP, only the second volley will target players (i.e., they need to take damage from another source first for the crystal to target them).
- The Leaf Crystal emits a small amount of green light.
- It does not benefit from damage-increasing accessories and cannot deal critical hits.
- If a minion is attacking an enemy behind blocks, it may also shoot through the blocks to hit the same target.
- If a full set of Chlorophyte armor is equipped, it will display a dark pulsating effect. This only occurs if no vanity is covering it or it is equipped as vanity itself.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Leaf Crystal can be very useful for farming certain enemies while inactive, for example in search of rare drops and Biome Keys.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Chlorophyte Mask has the highest defense and highest total melee DPS bonuses of any head slot item.
- Dragon armor and Chlorophyte armor offer the highest universal critical strike chance bonus of any armor set in the game.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Console 1.02: Introduced with female variant.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced with female variant.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with female variant.