The Chlorophyte Jackhammer is a Hardmode hammer crafted with 18 Chlorophyte Bars at a Mythril Anvil or Orichalcum Anvil. Even though it has a lower hammer power than other hammers, it destroys fairly quickly and serves practically all hammer purposes.
Its best Modifier is Godly. Mechanical tools can only have universal prefixes, because they can't have their speed modified.
- This tool functions much like Drills or Chainsaws, in that it mines via a "machine" with constant directed contact, rather than being swung repeatedly at targets. While there are several Drills and Chainsaws fulfilling Pickaxe and Axe duties via a machine method, the Chlorophyte Jackhammer is the only such tool fulfilling Hammer duty.
- On the console version, the Use time of the Chlorophyte Jackhammer is significantly slower. Other Hammers (such as the Hammush or Spectre Hamaxe) are able to break walls faster.
- It is unable to acquire any Modifiers that affect speed.
- This is the only jackhammer in-game.
- In reality jackhammers are actually digging tools rather than hammering tools.