|Type||Ore • Crafting material|
|Placeable||1 wide × 1 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'Reacts to the light'|
Chlorophyte Ore is a Hardmode ore found in the Underground Jungle that is used to craft Chlorophyte Bars. When Hardmode starts, Mud and Jungle Grass located in the Underground Jungle will begin to convert into Chlorophyte Ore. A Pickaxe or Drill with at least 200% pickaxe power is required to mine it, meaning it requires the Pickaxe Axe or Drax at the very least, whose materials require killing all 3 mechanical bosses (although on Mobile and , the Drax can sometimes be found in Shadow Chests).
Chlorophyte Ore will spread itself by converting nearby Mud and Jungle Grass blocks into more Chlorophyte Ore. Though it can only spawn naturally in the Underground Jungle, a block of Chlorophyte Ore does not need to be in an Underground Jungle to spread to nearby Mud, allowing it to be "replanted" and artificially seeded at Cavern or Underworld depths. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, Chlorophyte will also attempt to spread by converting nearby Dirt blocks, as well as Corrupt, Crimson and normal Grass, into Mud. However, Chlorophyte Ore's rate of spread decreases as more appears in a small area, preventing its spread from exploding like the Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow. It cannot spread if it is 3-5 blocks from Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- For in-depth farming techniques, see Guide:Farming Chlorophyte.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in a Hardmode world.
- Chlorophyte Ore's spread mechanics grant the Underground Jungle some resistance against The Corruption and The Crimson's destructive effects, especially on Desktop and Console (see here). However, these biomes will still spread through Stone Blocks, and more importantly, Chlorophyte Ore will not regrow or convert other jungle features such as grass or trees.
- Despite being mud-based, Chlorophyte Ore cannot convert Mushroom Grass blocks.
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields 54 more per bar.
- Chlorophyte Ore requires the most ore per bar (6 each).
- Despite its tooltip, it does not need light to grow. However, it does slightly glow green when exposed to light.
- When mining for Chlorophyte, it is advisable to avoid smaller clusters of the ore. Leaving them to grow will result in a steady, renewable supply of Chlorophyte in the long term.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Chlorophyte is derived from Chlorophyll, the color pigment responsible for photosynthesis, plus the common rock suffix -ite.
- The suffix -phyte also signifies a relation to organic or plant matter.
- Chlorophyta is a division of green algae, informally called chlorophytes.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999, but is now rarer and grows slower.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Chlorophyte Drill can mine Chlorophyte Ore again, because the pickaxe power has been increased from 190% to 200%.
- Chlorophyte Ore is now mineable with Chlorophyte Pickaxe.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.