We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
Animation when using the weapon. Note the puffs at the end of the Partisan.
The Chlorophyte Partisan is a Hardmode spear crafted using Chlorophyte Bars. It currently beats all of the "standard" ore spears, dealing 9 more damage than the best of the standard Hardmode ore spears, the Titanium Trident. When thrusted, it emits a cloud of spores from the tip of the spear at the apex of the thrust. The cloud travels a short distance in the direction the spear was thrust before fading out. The spore cloud can also pierce, making it useful in many situations.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
- It can be used to damage enemies through blocks via the spore cloud it emits, but not by the actual spear. Because of this, the user must be at a specific distance in order for the spore cloud to make contact. The cloud will not make contact if the enemy is too close, since it's only released at the tip of the spear during the apex of the thrust.
- Because of the damage and knockback, it's a useful weapon against groups of enemies. It can knock back several enemies at once, this also makes it useful for defense.
- This weapon works quite well against The Destroyer, because the spores and the spear itself will hit multiple segments (killing The Destroyer in less than a minute).
- Contrary to the picture, the Chlorophyte Partisan is actually quite long. Because it additionally has a spore cloud that follows its thrust, the Partisan has a massive range, possibly the second largest (after the North Pole) range of spear type weapons.
- The spore cloud has the same damage range as the spear itself. However, it is unable to inflict critical hits.
- When using the Magma Stone or Fire Gauntlet, the spores do not have the flame particles, and cannot inflict the On Fire! debuff.