|Use time||23 Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a spore cloud|
- Chlorophyte Partisan
The Chlorophyte Partisan is a Hardmode spear crafted using Chlorophyte Bars. It currently beats all of the "standard" ore spears, dealing 9 more damage than the best of the standard Hardmode ore spears, the Titanium Trident. When thrusted, it emits a cloud of spores from the tip of the spear at the apex of the thrust. The cloud travels a short distance in the direction the spear was thrust before fading out. The spore cloud can also pierce, making it useful in many situations.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount. The Ruthless modifier can be considered if you plan to mainly use the spore cloud to deal damage; because the spores cannot deal critical hits, a Ruthless Chlorophyte Partisan offers better DPS when used in its primary role.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be used to damage enemies through blocks via the spore cloud it emits, but not by the actual spear. Because of this, the user must be at a specific distance in order for the spore cloud to make contact. The cloud will not make contact if the enemy is too close, since it's only released at the tip of the spear during the apex of the thrust.
- Because of the damage and knockback, it's a useful weapon against groups of enemies. It can knock back several enemies at once, this also makes it useful for defense.
- This weapon works quite well against The Destroyer, because the spores and the spear itself will hit multiple segments (killing The Destroyer in less than a minute).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Contrary to the picture, the Chlorophyte Partisan is actually quite long. Because it additionally has a spore cloud that follows its thrust, the Partisan has a massive range, possibly the second largest (after the North Pole) range of spear type weapons.
- The spore cloud has the same damage range as the spear itself. However, it is unable to inflict critical hits.
- When using the Magma Stone or Fire Gauntlet, the spores do not have the flame particles, and cannot inflict the On Fire! debuff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its spores look exactly the same as the Chlorophyte Saber's.
- All existing Tonbogiris in 22.214.171.124-equivalent worlds were replaced by Chlorophyte Partisans upon updating.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.